Sunday, August 26, 2012

Positano: Day 3

I don't think I have ever eaten more in one sitting compared to my time at Mama Agata's cooking class. Let's see..two pieces of lemon cake, countless pieces of bread & fritters, eggplant parm, two types of pasta, sausage, and to top it off-lemonchello! 


We got an adorable little packet with all the recipes we learned from the class

Everything is bigger in Italy. 
I know its usually "Everything is bigger in Texas", but I think they have been beat. Seriously-these lemons are bigger than my head. Also I have never seen bigger portions than the ones they serve here.

Got our aprons on!

Unbeatable view



I have about 100 more pictures just of these views. Amazing. 

Mama Agata in the kitchen


Eggplant Parmesan 

We got a little taste before it was completely done


 Eggplant parmesan is not my favorite, but Mama Agata made it with more cheese than eggplant so I was happy.




We got a break after our first course, so we took the time to drink some more wine and walk around the vineyard


So tart! 



Basil-My favorite!

Herb garden 

Red wine tongues  



Another view from the garden


The gorgeous courtyard next to our dining area

Julia and Mom tried out the dart board






Fritters!!!




Hell sauce. I am finding a way to buy this. She didn't tell us what is in it, but I'm thinking it is a combo of crushed red pepper, olive oil, and hot sauce. SO GOOD! 

Pasta Dish #1


 Pasta Dish #2


 Lemonchello! Now this stuff I will never buy. It is super strong liquor with a very bitter lemon taste.

Group shot! We had a great group.


I slept the entire ride from Rivello back to Positano. Serious food coma. I have to say though that Mama Agata's cooking class has been my favorite experience so far in Italy. Maybe I am biased because I am a big food lover, but either way I would definitely recommend paying Mama Agata a visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment